Summary: After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home.At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…
What I thought: Well I love this story and I can't wait for the next book to get back to the library. I've been on a YA kick lately and I just can't seem to get enough. This story is amazing and very fast paced. At first I couldn't stand Derek but her really grows on you by the end of the story. I kind of hate all of the adults in this story. This was another 5 star for me. Probable 4.5 but you know how that is sometimes. I love Chloe and felt so bad for her when she got put in the group house. Her dad is not around much and she has been raised by nannies. She never really felt like she fit in anywhere because she is small and young looking for her age. Everyone thinks she is 2 or 3 years younger then she really is. At Lyle House Derek tries to help her realize what she really is but he is.....socially inept and doesn't really know how to help her...so after a while he has his brother Simon try to help her. I get the feeling that Derek really likes her but knows he is too different to really get her so he stands back and lets his brother have her no matter what it cost him.

No comments:
Post a Comment