Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Voices of Dragons

Summary: On one side of the border lies the modern world: the internet, homecoming dances, cell phones. On the other side dwell the ancient monsters who spark humanity's deepest fears: dragons.


Seventeen-year-old Kay Wyatt knows she's breaking the law by rock climbing near the border, but she'd rather have an adventure than follow
the rules. When the dragon Artegal unexpectedly saves her life, the
rules are abruptly shattered, and a secret friendship grows between
them.


But suspicion and terror are the legacy of human and dragon inter­actions, and the fragile truce that has maintained peace between
the species is unraveling. As tensions mount and battles begin, Kay and
Artegal are caught in the middle. Can their friendship change the course
of a war?


In her young-adult debut, New York Times bestselling author Carrie Vaughn presents a distinctly twenty-first-century tale of myths and
machines, and an alliance that crosses a seemingly unbridgeable divide.


What I thought: I really enjoyed this book. I could relate to Kay! She was likable. I do have to say that the ending let me down if there is not going to be a second book. It was a major cliff hanger and as far as I know there is not going to be a second book. I really want to know what happens next! This book made me cry, laugh and cheer! It really had everything to make a great book

No comments:

Post a Comment